HERE ARE THE TOP 5 REASONS WHY A RUG PAD IS A MUST HAVE:
- Rug pads enhance the look, and feel of your area rug. A properly sized rug pad prevents grout lines from showing through, and keeps the uniformity of your rug. They also add a bit of cushion and softness, in addition to dampening noise.
- Rug pads hold and anchor your area rug safely in place. If you have elderly people or children in the house, you know that slipping on a rug can definitely be an issue. A non-slip rug pad is absolutely the best way to avert the chances of someone slipping on a rug that is not holding on to the floor properly. In addition to being an added safety, rug pads hold your area rug in place during vacuuming, and moving furniture.
- Rug pads boost cleanliness. Having a rug pad under your area rug means that mildew, mold, and odors will not set in. Rug pads avert the occurrence of these three things by allowing more air circulation, and stopping building up bacteria under your rug.
- Rug pads increase the lifespan of your area rug.Acting as an extended buffer between your rug and the floor, a rug pad prevents the fibers of your rug from being crushed, and prolongs the life of your rug.
- Rug pads protect your floors. Because a rug pad serves as another layer under your area rug, it prevents scratching to hardwood floors, and prevents dye transfer to your carpet below.
In summation, “Yes”, a rug pad is necessary for all floor types. Choosing which type of rug pad you need, and what size, is simple. Check out our upcoming blog post: “How to choose the right Rug Pad” for expert advice on what type and size pad you should buy for your rug.